Life:1 Me:1

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Lost & Found by Sarah Jakes - Barnes & Noble 24.99$

When going through life, you experience many obstacles. I myself have had days when I have found myself crying alone on my bedroom floor. Fallen to my knees feeling broken beyond measure. I have a story that one day I will share with the world, but as for today, Ill share with you instead a valuable lesson I have learned.

We sometimes go through things feeling afraid and even worse, afraid of admitting that we are afraid. There are times in life when you may think "things will get better" or "I can fix that...." and to an extent, that is true. Yes, things will always get better, however, it is not always our job to fix it. Growing up in a Christian home, I always learned to place any problem before God because He can not fix what we do not place in His hands. I never actually understood exactly what that meant. Of course, I thought I did. Until today...

When we struggle, our first instinct is to pray. Pray for God to help you fix it. We've all uttered the words "Lord, help me" over a million times but, do we actually give Him the chance without interfering ourselves? Sometimes, we pray and we pray and we wonder why God has not answered our prayers or listened to our cries. But it isn't that He isn't there listening, He's just waiting on us to stop interfering.

Have you ever asked someone take a picture of you for instagram but you tell them EXACTLY how you want them to take it thinking you know best? stand here, hold it like this, do it from this angle... not realizing you're not the one looking into the camera and seeing how it all focuses out? you see the picture and you're just like "well this didn't come out how I expected at all..." Then you let them retake it without you're control and it comes out perfectly fine. Thats how we all are with God sometimes. We give Him our lives but we still want to take control of where He stands, how He holds us and the angle He's helping us from. When instead we should be giving Him full control because He's the one who sees the final picture.

I recently have struggled with myself in many ways. I've been through some of the roughest times of my life in the past 2 years and I never understood why no matter what good was happening, I still was never happy. Nothing was ever enough. Today, I realized that no matter what good you can do for yourself in the world, you will never be happy until you allow God to give you what he knows is the best for you. When it comes to school, work and even relationships, you sometimes find it hard to just let things happen because you think you know whats best. But in reality, what you think is best sometimes only makes things worse. Its hard to say "Lord, fix it" instead of "Lord, help me" because we don't realize thats actually the best thing to do.

"I made decisions to create my vision of what I thought would perfect my image. After the unveiling of those attempts, I found myself lost--dow-to-my-knees, tears-on-my-face, scars-on-my-heart lost. I came to understand the only way I could be found was to admit I was lost."

I wrote this post to say this... don't be afraid to admit that your lost. Don't be afraid to let go of things you're afraid to let go of. Sometimes, you have to let go in order of whats broken so that it can be fixed or even sometimes replaced. It's hard to do and everyone hates hearing "let it go. you'll be okay" because you think to yourself "you don't know how I feel and you don't understand what you're saying is easier said than done" but holding on to those things are sometimes harder than just letting them go because you cant control them anyways. You have to learn that, you can't control every situation and you cant control ANY situation without God. So before you think its the end of the road and you're stuck with all these bags, take a right turn drop them off on God's front porch. See what He can do with them. But don't be a bug-a-boo, just wait and see what he does. Take a load off, kick your feet up and know that THINGS WILL BE OKAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment